- Internationally renowned European base for international UHNW individuals and families.
- Major centre for private banking and financial services.
- Advantageous fiscal regime for Monaco residents - no tax in Monaco on an individual’s worldwide income, capital gains and no wealth tax.
- Global centre of luxury goods and superyacht ownership.
- Stability and security.
- Nationals of European Economic Area, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland do not need a visa prior to starting the residence card application process.
All other nationals must obtain a French visa before applying for Monaco residence.
- Due diligence to be supplied to the Monaco authorities in support of the application –
- Proof of identity and civil status;
- Evidence of good character and no criminal record (minor offences excepted);
- Details of suitable accommodation in Monaco; and
- Bank certificate.
- Following an informal interview the resident’s card is issued in 6-8 weeks.
Points of Interest
- A resident may request an official Certificate (Monaco Certificat de Residence) as evidence of their residence in Monaco.
- Residents can pursue business activity through Monaco registered companies (sole trader authorisation/SARL/SAM) or Monaco registered holding company (SCP).
Learn more about Monaco: